Second Life freezing disables my Mic's input

StarFoxFan11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I seem to have a very unique problem. Whenever Second Life freezes for a few seconds, it disables my mics input for my whole computer, not just SL. It will sometimes work again if I either quit or quickly switch the inputs around. I'm not sure why this is happening and any ideas/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

@StarFoxFan11 It sounds as if your firewall or Antivirus is blocking the output.  There are two things you can try.

1) List the viewer in your PCs Firewall to "allow" outgoing and incoming communication

2) Whitelist the viewer and all executable files within it, particularly SLVoice.exe in your andtivirus.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/antivirus_whitelisting

This applies to all SL viewers not just Firestorm.

• Thanks 1

When asking a tech question use the viewer's HELP->About... to get the computer-viewer specs we need to know to answer your question. Paste that info in with your question.

Use the Windows Resource Meter to see if your computer is paging memory to disk. Look for page faults in the memory section of the meter. It can report high numbers when a program starts. So, let things settle down. Run the viewer for 10 or 20 minutes then look to see how the system is behaving. If you have a constant high number of faults, you need to add memory.

In the meter you can also look to see the load on your CPU and GPU.Both normally run in the 25 to 50% range. If they are higher than that when the viewer is running you need to look in the CPU task list of the Resource Meter to see what else is running and if possible shut it down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.