My avatar is stuck in a position giving itself oral sex. How do I fix this?

Casual0007

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Try, if in viewer 2, go to me->Movement->Stop animating me. 

Then, remove all attachments you are wearing. Go to the outfits sidebar tab, press the wearing tab at the top, and rightclick any attachment and choose detach or take off.

If that does not help, log out and back in again.

- Luc -

• Like 1

Hello Casual. In addition to Luc's answer i want to say that is good to avoid to accept everything from people you don't know and you don't trust. There are so many scripts which can create a problem to your avatar especially if you are a new user and you don't know how to fix it.

• Like 2

Just some extra info here. If you received a hug, you consented in some way. Usually it is a drop down box that says "allow (object or person name here) to animate your avatar? And you said "yes". That is most always a bad plan. Sometime along the way if you stay in SL you will get an invitation to let a vampire bite you. If you really want to play vampire the rest of your SL life, then that is great, but if not, best to say no. If they hassle you, you can MUTE them (right click for the pie menu in third parties - I assume that is in the context menu in viewer 2s).

So beware that some folks pick on new people. There are plenty of NICE folks around too though.

• Like 1

hey... nice to see people talking about an answer to this question but where is it?  The Lucas answer is no longer here.. and My avitar every few minutes gives itself head... I didn't accept anything.. an offer to join a group appeared just before it started by I didn't accept it and am stuck with the problem anyway. 

I've done the usual fixes... stiped my avi, rebooted, used the developer tool that reverts you to original avi.. the whole works and the problem still persists... at least im told no one else can see it bur watching it happen againand again every few minutes is really starting to spoil my SL experience as you can imagine.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

Luc's good answer is still here. Here's the copy of his advice:

Try, if in viewer 2, go to me->Movement->Stop animating me.

Then, remove all attachments you are wearing. Go to the outfits sidebar tab, press the wearing tab at the top, and rightclick any attachment and choose detach or take off.

If that does not help, log out and back in again.

You HAVE to be animated by something. As Luc said, check your worn items and detach anything that is not familiar to you. Also, try to TP to another place. You could be animated by some object on the land.

What Valerie says above should work if the bending is happening because of an attachment, or some object rezzed on your land to which you have granted rights to animate your avatar.

But, it could also be that you are affected by this bug: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-248 which dates back to 2007!!! It still have not been fixed as far as I know, and I've seen the effect of it myself. Not a pretty sight! :( Lately I've seen som variation of it where tha avatars upper body starts rotating slowly at a 90 degree angle from the lower body...

I don't know any way of preventing this, or stop it. Usually it stops by itself after some (short) time. Perhaps - and I have no basis for saying this - a cache clearing will help prevent it happening.

- Luc -

The avatar folding over and kissing its ass thing is a bug . It seems to pop up every few years, gets fixed or just goes away after a while.  It just happened to me tonight for the first time in several years.  I see it in other avatars as well as my own. It's not the result of a malicious script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.