Looking for a racing track builder

karenx0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Me and my friend are looking for a track builder who can create an oval mesh track in blender with banking style. We are looking for someone who can help us out. The first track we want to revamp is the Daytona Race Track. We want every little details for the track; such as lighting, seating, grass, every little small detail. A picture shown below for your help.

If you are race track builder please send me a DM here on facebook or you can contact me in-world @ Karenx0 Resident

It's a paid position.

trackbanking.jpg

Bumping every 6 hours is spam. if you're that desperate for a Mesher, I could probably do /just the track/, if you have specific technical drawings of the racetrack, but it's not my specialty. for really niche work like this you might want to look at non-SL Blender users. and it's going to cost you a good deal of cash for a custom piece.

Another thing to consider is that SL physics is a bit different from real world physics, and a 100% accurate reproduction of a real world track, would probably not be as fun to drive as a track made for SL.

Additionally, Avatars in SL often have proportionally longer legs than real world people, (My avatar and many of my friends have somewhat more realistic proportions;  it's a growing trend, but not the norm) which means if you have seating with real world proportions, it may look 'bad' with many SL avatars.

Edit: one more thing to consider, with a track like that, the physics might be a bit hard to calculate for the server, which will drive up the Land impact (~equivalent of prims) of your track.

Edited by Quistessa

3 hours ago, Quistessa said:

Bumping every 6 hours is spam. if you're that desperate for a Mesher, I could probably do /just the track/, if you have specific technical drawings of the racetrack, but it's not my specialty. for really niche work like this you might want to look at non-SL Blender users. and it's going to cost you a good deal of cash for a custom piece.

Another thing to consider is that SL physics is a bit different from real world physics, and a 100% accurate reproduction of a real world track, would probably not be as fun to drive as a track made for SL.

Additionally, Avatars in SL often have proportionally longer legs than real world people, (My avatar and many of my friends have somewhat more realistic proportions;  it's a growing trend, but not the norm) which means if you have seating with real world proportions, it may look 'bad' with many SL avatars.

Edit: one more thing to consider, with a track like that, the physics might be a bit hard to calculate for the server, which will drive up the Land impact (~equivalent of prims) of your track.

The post was 20 hours ago, my first bump was 13 hours ago, so it's technically not a spam. And yes, we are really desperate for a Mesher, we have a Daytona Race Track, that we want to revamp to mesh. It's a simple oval track with with banking style. I have attached an image for the banking. it will be paid indeed as it's a custom piece of work. I can arrange a meeting for you in-world with my friend, who's the owner, so he can tell you in a more explained way what exactly is in his mind. I can contact you in-world at the mo.

I don't really feel like arguing with you about what is and is not spam, but for the record, I would like to reiterate the sentiment from this oldish post I read recently:

Posting Just the word 'bump' is spam no matter how often you do it. but "Yes we are still looking!" or something like that, once per week or so is within what I would call reasonably acceptable. Posting 'bump' multiple times per day, is not.

8 hours ago, Quistessa said:

I don't really feel like arguing with you about what is and is not spam, but for the record, I would like to reiterate the sentiment from this oldish post I read recently:

Posting Just the word 'bump' is spam no matter how often you do it. but "Yes we are still looking!" or something like that, once per week or so is within what I would call reasonably acceptable. Posting 'bump' multiple times per day, is not.

Well. I keep seeing most people do it. Now that I know the right way, that I can work with. Ty :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.