Place Like Temple of Iris

Waiomao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Aloha everyone. I really enjoy places that look like they've been built on stilts over water. The Temple of Iris is a fun historic example, full of shops and homes (?) on stilts over water, all connected via a maze of piers / walkways. The only other place like this I've found is a small area in the great Kowloon region. I find enormous beauty in places like this, even if they're normally very impoverished and polluted in RL. Can anyone recommend other regions like this?

Just occurred to me that the new Florida-inspired Linden homes on stilts would be similar, but AFAIK their regions haven't been built yet. 

3 hours ago, Waiomao said:

Just occurred to me that the new Florida-inspired Linden homes on stilts would be similar, but AFAIK their regions haven't been built yet. 

The Linden home stilt regions began to be released just before Christmas.  The regions are a mixture of stilt homes over water, stilt homes attached to piers, stilt homes on land and some houseboats here and there.    Scallop Bay is one of the region names. That region has quite a few stilt homes attached to piers.  If you TP to that region from the map, hold your breath when you arrive (it lands you underwater at the center of the region).  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.