Help : Clothes double rendering on mesh body

SuraCiel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I am new to SL and when I was trying new clothes, I have seen some clothes from different creators that will have two layers on the body (Usually Fur/kitted style, like this image), I have tried to view it on Mac and PC but it looks the same lol ! Is it because of my graphic setting ?

I am using latest firestorm viewer and have set the graphic to high, can help me with some suggestions ? Thx !!!!!!!!!

Snapshot_002

What I am seeing in your picture, is an attempt of the creator to get a fur texture.  She/he has used a double mesh one with regular opaque transparency and a semi transparent layer on top.  This is done on purpose and it is not you or your computer or machine or viewer.  The intent is to have it look like this.  If you don't like it and the purchased item has modify you can take off the transparency on that second layer..  If it is not modify then if you don't like it I would not buy it.

• Like 2

Thank you Tazzie !!!!!!

As it looks blurry and makes my avatar rendering numbers jumped quite a lot, so I think I should take it off ! Would you tell me how should I do that ? I will right-click the item and choose edit, inside the menu where should I go ?

3 hours ago, SuraCiel said:

As it looks blurry and makes my avatar rendering numbers jumped quite a lot, so I think I should take it off ! Would you tell me how should I do that ? I will right-click the item and choose edit, inside the menu where should I go ?

If you mean take the item off then just detach it either from your pie menu or from your inventory worn items just remove it from your current outfit.  If you mean remove that layer, you cannot do that unless the item is full permission.  As it is linked to the layer beneath it, so unless you have full permissions on the item you cannot separate the layers and delete one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.