Ghost Eyebrows?

Maia Beltran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, a very bizarre thing showed up recently while having a professional photo taken. On either side of the bridge of my nose, you can see what appear to be white outlines of eyebrows. Granted, I was under special lighting, but I have no idea what this could be. This isn't something you can see otherwise. Ideas?

https://gyazo.com/6fec6390f8ac4df98acfa977a50eb382

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Those look like materials. Some appliers will add materials to give some additional depth, and clearing just the applier itself will only remove the brows and not the materials. Check your mesh head's HUD for any materials option and clear them.

Thanks for the fast response, Skell!  Now I need someone familiar with a Genus head to assist. LOL!  I looked on the HUD but am lost.

8 minutes ago, Maia Beltran said:

Now I need someone familiar with a Genus head to assist. LOL! 

Afraid I can't help you there. I'm a CSR for Catwa, not Genus xD But there are plenty of people on the forum who wear Genus, so hopefully someone will be along soon to offer advice. Failing that, search for and join the inworld support group (or their Discord server, if you have Discord) and ask in there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Afraid I can't help you there. I'm a CSR for Catwa, not Genus xD But there are plenty of people on the forum who wear Genus, so hopefully someone will be along soon to offer advice. Failing that, search for and join the inworld support group (or their Discord server, if you have Discord) and ask in there.

Thanks again, Skell!  Yes, I already reached out on the Genus Discord server, and waiting for advice there. 🙂

I agree with that it looks like material shine, though a larger sample to confirm that it occurs in more areas would provide more proof that it's that. Genus' specular map is a bit peculiar in some lighting conditions, personally I've set the normal intensity to 10% to make it as subtle as possible, and occasionally have to tamper with a bit of brushwork to fix up the highlights.

What you could do is turn on ALM and rez a prim light in front of your face and move it around a bit to see whether it appears (that is, assuming it doesn't appear normally), and if that creates similar effects then you could try to adjust your specular intensity of the head (or turn it off completely). 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.