Is it possible to get a bot without a second account

VictoriaCommings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for a bot where can use for practice in poseball wrestling mats.  I just got into the wrestling scene in SL and looking to learn the various mats by going through the animations and taking notes in a note book.  There is a gym I do use, but since it is a public gym people will come in and challenge me to match while trying to take notes.  I want something I can rezz in a private space and use without getting interrupted. 

A bot essentially is a user account.

The alternative would be to use an Animesh object to play the animations from inside its inventory.

Animesh uses the bento skeleton so they can look like a user avatar when animated.

Here is an example of muscle-bodied avatars I used when making an Old Spice "commercial". 😉

Those are objects, not user accounts.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

A big limitation of animesh is that they can't "sit". That is, they can't  use the animations of another object. They can only use their own built-in animations. So it's hard to do this in a general way.

(I've given some thought to a pseudo-sit system where messages are exchanged between animesh NPC and suitably equipped objects. Something along the lines of "NPC to chair - want to sit there, send sit target info and animation", and the chair sends back "Sit at <x,y,z> rot <x,y,z,w>, run anim with UUID nnn." Unfortunately, while you can apply to an object any texture for which you know the UUID, you can't do the same thing for animations. So loaning an animesh NPC a texture so it can sit like an avatar is not currently possible.)

1 hour ago, animats said:

A big limitation of animesh is that they can't "sit". That is, they can't  use the animations of another object. They can only use their own built-in animations. So it's hard to do this in a general way.

(I've given some thought to a pseudo-sit system where messages are exchanged between animesh NPC and suitably equipped objects. Something along the lines of "NPC to chair - want to sit there, send sit target info and animation", and the chair sends back "Sit at <x,y,z> rot <x,y,z,w>, run anim with UUID nnn." Unfortunately, while you can apply to an object any texture for which you know the UUID, you can't do the same thing for animations. So loaning an animesh NPC a texture so it can sit like an avatar is not currently possible.)

We need remote animating capability, possibly facilitated through the Mod Keys proposal.

Said temp animations don't survive taking into inventory, owner transfer or region restart.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.