SL mentoring or volunteering

Cat Boccaccio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there still a mentoring program for new residents that is blessed by LL? I remember awhile ago clicking through some links on the website  for a volunteer program, to be finally that they were "not taking any new applicants".  Surely with the low rate of noobs sticking with SL (is it under 15%? and no resident growth?) this should be something to consider reviving. I have enjoyed so much of SL over the years and would love to share what I've learned, or simply help out someone new, and I know there are many like myself out there.

Is there a general/miscellaneous forum for topics like this? If not, how strange. (First time posting :))

[edited for typos]

Hi,

The Second Life Mentor program was closed. At the moment there is Residents Help Network. There are groups that you can join. More information is here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Resident_Help_Network_Portal

Here is last blog post where RHN was mentioned: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Some-Early-Improvements-to-Usability/ba-p/856677 

Cat Boccaccio wrote:

Is there still a mentoring program for new residents that is blessed by LL? I remember awhile ago clicking through some links on the website  for a volunteer program, to be finally that they were "not taking any new applicants".  Surely with the low rate of noobs sticking with SL (is it under 15%? and no resident growth?) this should be something to consider reviving. I have enjoyed so much of SL over the years and would love to share what I've learned, or simply help out someone new, and I know there are many like myself out there.

Is there a general/miscellaneous forum for topics like this? If not, how strange. (First time posting
:)
)

[edited for typos]

Hi Cat!  One place you can try is Help People Island.  Traffic is high there, with a lot of new residents coming through.  Consider putting an application in there to become a helper!  Far out!

Peace!

It's true there are some incredible trolls at newbie areas. But I do remember the most frequent question from new avs, some form of, What do I do now? The answer is reminiscent of the answer to my own RL question many years ago. What do I do on the internet? (What do you WANT to do?)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.