An Apperance question that I keep forgetting to ask

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I don't know why I haven't asked this question years ago and just lived with this or never even bothered looking around for the answer before..

When I go into Appearance to say, adjust my mouth sliders, or really anything on the front side of my body.. How come am I always seeing the back side of my head or body, instead of the side I'm wanting to adjust?

I mean I can see the adjustments I'm making to myself, but I'm just curious why in the slider windows is it showing the back side of me?

This is just something that really never made sense to me and for some reason just bothers me.. hehehe

is there a setting I can change to get the avatar in the slider windows to show say the face when I'm working on the face?

I know it seems silly, but it's just really silly to me to be looking at the back of my head when it should be showing the front side.. hehehe

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I mean I can see the adjustments I'm making to myself, but I'm just curious why in the slider windows is it showing the back side of me?

I'm not certain, but I believe it depends on which direction your camera is pointing when you click the button, if you have 'pose my avatar when adjusting appearance' unticked. What it wants to do is T-pose your avi and turn it around to face a certain direction, and move your camera to there - when you disable that, I guess the rendition of your avatar in that window is just made from its current position instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I'm not certain, but I believe it depends on which direction your camera is pointing when you click the button, if you have 'pose my avatar when adjusting appearance' unticked. What it wants to do is T-pose your avi and turn it around to face a certain direction, and move your camera to there - when you disable that, I guess the rendition of your avatar in that window is just made from its current position instead.

Well checking that box fixed it alright.. hehehe

Thank you..

I can't remember why I had that unchecked, but I remember for some reason having to do it.. hehehehe

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I can't remember why I had that unchecked, but I remember for some reason having to do it.. hehehehe

I've got it turned off mainly for when I want to adjust my shape to be able to use a pose. If it's checked, it'll override my photo pose and I can't see whether it's going to be enough until I save and close the editor. It's easy enough to click the T-pose button on my UI if I want to use that pose whilst adjusting something!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I've got it turned off mainly for when I want to adjust my shape to be able to use a pose. If it's checked, it'll override my photo pose and I can't see whether it's going to be enough until I save and close the editor. It's easy enough to click the T-pose button on my UI if I want to use that pose whilst adjusting something!

Yea, I think I did it when I was making a lot of different shapes and trying to get the proportions right on them or something like that..

I still get lost in my viewer settings so much.. it's all these damn breaks I keep taking.. hehehe

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.