Can't find facelight or lighted prim on Catwa HDPRO head

Myranua Eichel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I decided to go ahead and get the new Catwa head. Everything was fine until I was decorating my house for the holidays. As I was walking into a darkened room (environment was dark to see lights better) I noticed a spotlight on the wall but it moved with me. It was even worse facing the mirror. Now I tried the ctrl-alt-t, I see no facelight. Tried to look at pieces of the head, which wouldn't matter anyway since it's no mod. And yes, all while wearing nothing but the head. I even switched from my old Keme head back to the HDPRO, the light only show on the new one. Regardless I can't see where this light is coming from. 

Even funnier, at the right position near the mirror, it looks like car headlights LOL.

I'll post a link to a short video I made to see what I mean.

What can I do? Am I stuck with this? I don't want it if it can't be removed or turned off somehow...waste of money if that's the case.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:56 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Yes, it's nice and simple to turn off, and you have several ways to do it :)

Add your Style HUD, go into the tint tab (pipette icon), select the facelight icon, and either click the word FULL BRIGHT so that it doesn't have a pale grey background, or move the GLOW slider all the way to the left, or just click CLEAR SELECTED. Quick video here demonstrating use of the face light: https://i.gyazo.com/6adfc2003785719711c3cbb41005d0ec.mp4

For some background: the built-in facelight was added for a couple of reasons. First, you need some kind of local lighting in order to see materials on the head (as well, of course, as having Advanced Lighting enabled in your viewer), and secondly so that you wouldn't need to use up an additional attachment slot if you did want some kind of lighting. That's also why the head is all-in-one, with no extra stuff that needs to be added.

As you can see from the video, you can change the colour of the facelight, as well as its subtlety, so if you do want a very soft light you can move that GLOW slider around until you find a lighting intensity that you like. And the tinting options are great for photography if you're into that, as well as for giving a more subtle hue of light for general use, rather than a stark white.

@Myranua Eichel

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.