Suggestions for shops that sell quality FP mesh items that don't have crazy LI?

Kesslan Saramago

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of any good stores that sell quality mesh building items for builders that don't have huge LI  footprints. At the moment I'm mostly looking for furniture, but many of the sellers I've found so far have items that have quite large LI such as a single chair with a whooping 20 LI, or beds with 28-40 LI that kind of thing.

The main reason I'm looking for such assets is to build for an RP sim and so having 20 LI for a single chair is really kind of crazy when you can get really good looking ones with just 1-3 LI (Just not transferable which is a requirement for building on this sim). I don't need items with textures, though if it's cyberpunk or Sci-Fi style texturing that's always a plus. I know of a few good shops but I'm sure there's some I've missed that may not have a MP or are way down the list on newer items etc. I've tried sorting by LI as well but you get pages after pages of items that just don't list the LI etc.

There have been quite a few good full perm creators in the past. I partnered with one in Opensim for awhile. Unfortunately, he quit working and closed his shop after the Tilia officialdom happened. So no help there.  Maybe some of the ones left will make a comment on this thread for you. I think THAT is "legal" since you asked and it wouldn't exactly be advertising.  

It is disconcerting that so many creators are either not uploading correctly or simply buying items off the web and texturing. I have "caught" a few lately with almost the exact same builds but textured differently. This when they are supposed to be "original mesh".  Now this isn't against the TOS any longer like it used to be -- but still not very "moral" in my book to advertise as something you are not. Would be better if they said "original textures by".    I wish you good luck in your search.

And to the OP  @Kesslan Saramago after seeing the post just above me published while I was typing === BE SURE and check the LODs inworld on the items before buying.  In my mind the objects should work well at a distance for at least LOD2.  The store above USED to have horrible LODs but I haven't looked lately.  Many folks on the grid can't set their LODs to 4 and honestly none of us should be as it is extremely hard on our computers.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

20 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It is disconcerting that so many creators are either not uploading correctly or simply buying items off the web and texturing. I have "caught" a few lately with almost the exact same builds but textured differently. This when they are supposed to be "original mesh".  Now this isn't against the TOS any longer like it used to be -- but still not very "moral" in my book to advertise as something you are not. Would be better if they said "original textures by".    I wish you good luck in your search.

And to the OP  @Kesslan Saramago after seeing the post just above me published while I was typing === BE SURE and check the LODs inworld on the items before buying.  In my mind the objects should work well at a distance for at least LOD2.  The store above USED to have horrible LODs but I haven't looked lately.  Many folks on the grid can't set their LODs to 4 and honestly none of us should be as it is extremely hard on our computers.  

Yes, I'm slightly less concerned that it's 100% original as long as it's not just stolen IP.  I have a ton of textures I can texture with and if I need help I have friends and people I know I can simply pay to do texturing as needed. As to the LODs, yes, I'm cautious of that as well, as I know a lot of these builds are only as low as they are because they cut out the lower level LODs, which is obviously a big problem if it's supposed to be on an RP sim. For some furniture it's not as big an issue as most of it will only be seen relatively close up, but regardless, I'm trying to keep everything user friendly.

This is also where I thought I'd give it a shot and try asking on the forums, since I know there's still a lot of creators that don't advertise on the MP, while a large percentage that do, tend to clearly not optimize their things for SL at all. That seems to be less of an issue for structure building than for furniture items.

Anyway, thanks for the responses!

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.