another laptop question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What Lilith said, the GPU (graphics) are... well, rubbish. They are not suited for running SL in any shape or form. 

Moreover, I would definitely recommend buying a desktop PC instead of a laptop. A Desktop can be upgraded over and over again, and if your graphic card does not meet your standards anymore, then you can replace it. You can often upgrade the RAM well beyond what is possible on a laptop, you can stick a lot of drives in a desktop where most laptops can hold only 2. Maintenance is easier, heat management is better, and.. and... and...

Of course, if you insist on having a laptop, then nobody will stop you, but this is my advice.

8 hours ago, bernwald Eldrich said:

I'm looking at this laptop. https://www.newegg.com/p/2WC-0001-01NT1?Item=9SIAA0SC0S0390&quicklink=true

Intel Core i7-10210U Upto 4.9GHz,
16GB RAM,
1TB SSD,
NVIDIA GeForce MX130,

at a similar price point what would i want to change, if anything, for a better SL experiance

Bad GPU not suited for Second Life or gaming as they others pointed out. Go for a laptop with at least GeForce 1060 6 GB or better, as the new generation of GeForce GPU 30XX is coming, keep an eye open on offers and deals on gaming laptops with GeForce 1060 6 GB or better. Higher numbers better - 20XX was next generation and much faster.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.