crashing before logging in

Hope McAlpine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot get in at all. It keep crashing. I was told to clear cache. I did. Twices. Not helping at all. So I uninstalled SL then reinstall SL. It works ..but only for a week. I cleared cache last night and now it is  happening all over again. Keep crashing, cannot get into SL. Sometime it says" come back...rolling out region". Sometime.. just nothing.. just crash. 

2 answers to this question

Clearing your SL cache is a last resort type of thing. Avoid doing that unless you KNOW that is the problem and it almost always isn't. Most often clearing it aggravates whatever problem you have.

The viewer generates a log of events it experiences. You can look in the log to find warnings and errors. These give us a hint what is happening. See:

Always try logging into a different region when a login fails. I have a list of region names I use in such cases. Furball is one. If that one also fails then check the SL Grid status page. This can save you lots of problems and wasted effort.

For quick help in the forum include your viewer's HELP->About... page in your post. If it is a version or computer problem we can often see that in the list of hardware and drivers. As it is you haven't given us enough to know what is going on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.