Seperate roles for rezzing...is it even an option?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Same questions seemed to be asked before, but every case i read, is a different from mine.

So i ask a samilar question, just slightly different.

I have group deeded land where i want to have people in the everyone role not being able to rezz, and people in a resident role able to rezz.

- everyone role has NO rezz rights

- resident role has rezz rights

Land settings are as following:

* build everyone: disabled/NO

*build group: enabled/YES

Now everyone in the everyone role can rezz on this deeded land, even without the resident role, while the role for everyone rezz is set to NO.

Same issue when the land is not deeded but only set to group, soon as everyone role is active, the whole group can rezz even if person is not in resident role.

What am i doing wrong?

Basically i want simply on one plot "everyone role" not to rezz and resident role should be able to rezz, is this possible? and if yes how?

If not, why the option to make seperate roles for rezzing/not rezzing is even there?

After being around for 12 years this is still a pain in the @ss.

Please...help me :)  thank you!

What happens if you disable group build on the land? Doesn't the "resident" Role's Ability to rez on group land keep them able to rez, while Roles without that Ability are restricted by the land setting?

(That's only how I'd expect it to work. Not sure I've ever tried it that way myself.)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

What happens if you disable group build on the land? Doesn't the "resident" Role's Ability to rez on group land keep them able to rez, while Roles without that Ability are restricted by the land setting?

(That's only how I'd expect it to work. Not sure I've ever tried it that way myself.)

I tried that too, all combinations i seemed to try already, but nothing leads to the option where "everyone role" cant rezz and "resident role" can rezz. 

this whole enabling/disabling from rezzing seems pointless xD

21 minutes ago, Zack Massiel said:

nevermind my above comment, I'm not awake and didn't see you did that already :( 

If you have it set to group yes, then everyone in the group can. If it's set to no, then only those allowed should be able to build on it.

Haha thats ok, and goooood morning :)

• Like 1

I been deviding a part of my laand to test on, even when i just set and not deed the land to group, and mark or unmark landsettings build to group, it doesnt work :S

Really hope anyone can give some more info, i even restarted the sim yesterday to see if it was stuck or whatever ...but thats not it too, i been relogging, the test alt has been walking in and out of the test parcel to make the settings update, even that didnt work.

If anyone has a parcel deeded to group and in the group uses "everyone role" without rezzing and "resident role" with rezzing and it works on your land how it should, please let me know, then we can maybe compare settings :)

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I just tested with my alt and it seems to work as I expected but changes to the alt's abilities only take effect when he changes active group. Does that help?

I have been kicking out my alt from group after each test and try i did and added her all over, but will try that again. ill let you know in a bit.

34 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I just tested with my alt and it seems to work as I expected but changes to the alt's abilities only take effect when he changes active group. Does that help?

That indeed worked well :) but only if i turn off build for group in landsettings, but it works!!! i didnt try that welk enough before i guess xD thanks so much!! :)

Now last issue i will have to drop at Casper i guess for the bot not inviting to the right role xD but will get that fixed soon hopefully.

thanks for the infos and help! ❤️ peace :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.