Avatar and prim animation simultaneously

Hotbabe2004

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I want to animate some av sitting on an object and probably I would use avsitter for it because it is free and easy to use, but problem is I want to animate "static" mesh (or call it prim) along with av (not attachment- just part of furniture). As far as I know avsitter has not such feature. Is there any system that allows animating av and prim at the same time? Of course I know everything can be done by scripts, but messing with sl terrible script language is not an option. Is there any other solution (free or paid)?

Edited by Hotbabe2004

You're in a very hard place trying to achieve this. Animations and prim movement each work to a completely separate "clock" so syncing them up is always going to be a nightmare.

It's not a completely lost cause though, you just need to give it a little thought. 99.9% of the time,  though, you ARE going to need custom scripts and/or animations. An out of the box product like avsitter, excellent as it is, is not going to cut it.

Back in the day I used to sell, ummm.... shall we say "furniture for a mature (and kinky as heck)  audience" and my gear sold like hot cakes because it WAS  that interactive. These are some of the approaches I used:

• Be creative with the anims such that although they look natural the "bit your gear is interacting with" isn't actually moving that much. This is not easy to manage without the anims looking "wrong" to an observer but it can be done. All your gears movement is now scripted to be relative to that (almost) fixed location. Where you are in the anim loop doesn't matter to the gears movement loop.
  • Have an attachment to the avatar (which maybe invisible) that the scripts in your gear can detect and use as a positional reference.
    • In the kink world, this is often easy -collars, cuffs etc will usually be all you need to serve this purpose. Outside it, however, you need to be more subtle. Something the avatar would reasonably be expected to pick up and hold while using your object is a good choice - the item can be "sitting there" as part of  your object then that instance of it goes invisible as soon as the avatar "picks it up" -ie attaches the copy they were given on sitting down. I still use this approach with my stage gear when I'm performing - when I attach a particular guitar from inventory, that guitar vanishes from the guitar stand on stage.
    • You may be able to supply your object with an "invisible attachment" that can be autoattached to a sitter and that will autodetach and die when they stand up, possibly via experience tools
  • Last resort, time your scripts action loop and the avatars anim loop to be the same length and build in code to periodically retrigger the animation in sync with the item movements. This will require specific design criteria in creating your animations (short or nonexistent ease times, always start the loop on frame 1 etc) -you're basically using a similar technique to couple dances to try and force viewers to see  the two movements happening in sync.
  • Like 1

I do that with my animesh NPCs. All movement of the center is prim motion. Walk, run, and turn animations are triggered by a script that monitors velocity and turns on the appropriate animations. The animation starting sometimes lags the prim motion; you'll see the NPCs start to move in a slide, and then the animation kicks in and changes to a walk.

You could do that for a seated avatar, although it might lag a bit. It would be useful when you wanted an avatar to walk across a room and then do something. Or place themselves relative to another avatar before starting an animation. You'd probably have to code this yourself, though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.