Attaching objects to body

DebbieAnn Fairplay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

The same effect?  You can attach any object to any attachment point on your body.  I often move a skirt from my pelvis attachment point to my stomach, for instance, if I want it to sway a little differently. If the object's position needs to be adjusted, you can do that with your Edit tools, manipulating the object with the colored arrows and rotation circles just as you would if the object were on the ground. When you detach the object, it will return to your inventory and remember exactly where you relocated it.  Any scripts in the object will behave just as they did at the original attachment point.

ETA: When you choose a new attachment point, the object will follow any movements of the part of your body that it is attached to. So, if you attach an ankle bracelet to your wrist, it will behave like a wrist bracelet -- just as it would in RL.  Is that what you meant by "the same effect?"

• Like 2

Then I think your only option is to hope that your customer is using a viewer that supports multiple attachments on a single attachment point. As I noted in a different comment, you might get away with attaching it to the foot (if there's nothing else there), but ankle movements will make that problematic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.