How to place Mesh objects on Mesh Land

Antlurz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I recently started renting out an apartment and its all mesh land. I was told by the owner of the area that you have to "rez a prim via build menu" to put down my furniture I bought. I dont know what any of this means, or how to do it. I've tried to find tutorials online and I seem outta luck. Could somebody help me out?

2 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Antlurz said:

Hello, I recently started renting out an apartment and its all mesh land. I was told by the owner of the area that you have to "rez a prim via build menu" to put down my furniture I bought. I dont know what any of this means, or how to do it. I've tried to find tutorials online and I seem outta luck. Could somebody help me out?

• Like 1

Right click the floor or nearby ground.  Choose Build.  Your mouse cursor changes to a magic wand.  Left click the floor again...a plywood cube appears!

Sometimes, it is hard to rez objects on a mesh surface, which is why your landlord suggested you make a cube first.

Now, drag an item of furniture from your inventory.  Place your mouse cursor on the cube you built.  Release the left mouse button.  The furniture will appear.

Right click the furniture item and choose Edit.  A set of three colored arrows will appear at the center of the object.  Using your mouse, drag the object by means of the arrow heads to the desired position.  To rotate it, hold CTRL and use the colored rings that appear to rotate the object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.