seeking creative work, real pay

Chroma Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Unfortunately, capitalism is what will pay your rent, feed you and provide other things you may need.  I suppose your only option would be to go completely off grid and learn to be self sustaining.  

There are other systems of economics, it's not all corporate monoculture and anachronic throwback injustice recreators making empire collapse great again. That sounds fine in theory to some I guess, but not in practice it leaves a lot to be desired and it's still so silly I can't take seriously, I keep writing the governor warnings they're going to the ICC at the Hague next on youtube. The long-term prospects look grim, especially if you're on your own. Doesn't that  dissect the civilized world into tiny isolated pieces to die quiet ignoble deaths anonymously in the darkness? What are we to do against 21st century hard right nuclear terror-fascism theocratic-gangster NRA plague zombies? Seems this world is done for, move on to the next? I mean, I don't really want to found anything new in life on this ground that keeps giving away from beneath me. I suspect that this may be a true IV of Wands, Reversed, situation right here.

image.thumb.png.dfeb700f845d56d8c62920c607b494ce.png

The Waite-Rider interpretation over a century ago was that this was "domestic bliss," whether upright or reversed, but I think I agree with new thoughts. It means "unsound home." I'm still learning Tarot, but this was burningly obvious when cross-comparing the meanings and how and where they change over time.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

But only on rare occasions will a virtual world job pay as well per hours spent as a real life job --- not these days anyway.  

I find that impossible to believe. It's too enormously popular. It takes a lot of human effort to operate something that large. There are plenty of jobs and not enough qualified people to fill the need.  And now with Starlink, in theory, you should be able to work from almost anywhere, even a permaculture colony somewhere beautiful and spiritually inspiring year round. I sort of imagine it would be ideal to live somewhere with lots of layers of history built up, like catnip for artist and animist alike. Since they won't let us have that here in the US, I guess we go wherever it exists.

Edited by Chroma Starlight

1 hour ago, Chroma Starlight said:

And now with Starlink, in theory, you should be able to work from almost anywhere, even a permaculture colony somewhere beautiful and spiritually inspiring year round. I sort of imagine it would be ideal to live somewhere with lots of layers of history built up, like catnip for artist and animist alike. Since they won't let us have that here in the US, I guess we go wherever it exists.

Chroma, I do hope that you will eventually find a place and a vocation that will bring peace to your soul and allow your creativity to blossom.  I think those types of places often keep themselves well hidden, perhaps in a shadow or behind the early morning mist, so sometimes we may not even recognize them for what they are, at first glance. Keep your dream alive, but remember their may be other waystops along the journey which may require a bit of hard reality or being pragmatic, before you are able to finally find what you seem to be searching for.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.