RTX 2060 video card - SL compatible?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, RoxanaSaphire said:

Just wanted to say that my issue with the 100% GPU-usage was solved after the latest NVIDEA update.

Your best bet, when you notice some weird and new thing happening after a driver update, is to roll back to the former version... It is not unusual that new versions introduce new (and sometimes very painful) bugs... The latest is not always the greatest !

For people running (or trying to run) Windoze (yuck !), I'd recommend using NVCleanstall to install their driver for NVIDIA cards: it makes it easy to roll back to any version, and also allows to disable unwanted ”features” in all the mess the normal installer is otherwise piling on your system disk and running in your memory without your approval (which includes so-called ”telemetry” spying stuff)...

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 2:21 AM, RoxanaSaphire said:

Just wanted to say that my issue with the 100% GPU-usage was solved after the latest NVIDEA update.

So i was kind of right this issue was unusual. Now my GPU ist only sometimes when reezing about 100%, but after mostly on 30% level in max ultra settings.

I have another question about Windows 10 and i dont know hot to fix it. My main harddisk for the system has 100 GB (i dont know why they put such a small HD into a very strong Laptop) The other HD has 1.000 GB. The problem ist that the main HD is mostly full just with needed system data. What ic an i do about that? There is nothing more i could delete. Is it possible to "give" the main HD a bit space from the second HD??

It is possible to link the two drives so your laptop sees them as a single drive. It is way geeky and will add complications to your computer life. Once you have a non-typical setup... there are lots of apps that have no idea how to deal with the oddities. However, the viewers for SL won't have a problem.

If you want to go that route search like this.

Talk to a computer shop about replacing the 100GB with a 1 or 2 terabyte drive. There is software that can move your drive's data and setup info to a new larger drive. It is a common upgrade. New 2 and 5-terabyte drives are under US$100.

Your laptop may have a C:\ drive that is SSD. You'll have to talk to a tech and see what it would cost for a larger SSD and if your laptop can handle it. I see some 1TB SSDs for $125.

...and it is possible for you to make the upgrade. Most laptops provide decent access to the storage and memory devices. Moving the data to a new drive is explained on the web. But there are lots of gotchas for the inexperienced.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.