Looking for Rigged Musical Instruments for Animesh use

Artorius Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need a couple things created & rigged for animesh use, FP of course.

Drumsticks, a Tambourine, a guitar & maybe a bass for now. A microphone possibly.

Standard avatar rigging. Nothing fancy. I've rigged a few things myself but I don't get along well with Blender.

Could lead to a lot more, basically every instrument eventually. Should be somewhat low LI as they will be rezzed in world.

I make a lot of animesh and am always being asked for things for them, like low LI shoes and hair. Big hole in the market right now.

Blame management for making @Vir Linden work on rendering & viewer stats collecting when his skills are better used for actual development.

Have a grunt do that work instead.

Project Muscadine has been shelved for almost a year now and still has bug fixes and body shape asset / attach point applying capabilities that need to be implemented.

With attach points support, no one would need to rig instruments or guns, knives, swords, hats, cups, glasses, balls, short hair or many other things for animesh.

See all the benefits here.

Can't wait for them to get it up and running! I've been waiting. Even downloaded the project viewer a couple months ago but it's been disabled.

The only reason I learned Blender was to build and rig stuff for animesh, but I really don't like the UI.

Want to get my Skeleton band done and Halloween won't wait on the moles.

Attachment point support and size sliders would be a blessing to animesh, but I've been wanting them since the initial test.

Like everything else here, I'll probably end up doing it myself and just spending too much time on it lol.

• 1 month later...

I’m confused about this topic. How do you rig a musical instrument that doesn’t have moving parts (I can see rigging a trombone for instance).

is this really about an animesh NPC that plays the instruments? 

hmm, I guess the issue is with a regular attachment, you can’t get it to move with the animations of playing the instrument? So, the drumsticks for instance, even though they are moving with the hands they area attached too, might be striking the drums at an awkward angle? Is that the crux of the issue? 

If so, how do you solve this with animesh? Is this a case where whoever is using the instrument has to incorporate the instruments armature into the animations of playing the instrument so the animesh object moves along with the Avi’s animation? In this case, is it a single animation that is animating both the Avi and the animesh object at the same time, or is it two different animations, one for the Avi and the other for the animesh, that are playing together in sync?

sorry for basic questions, trying to better understand Animesh, and an explanation as to how this works would enlighten me quite a bit.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, FridayAfternoon said:

sorry for basic questions, trying to better understand Animesh, and an explanation as to how this works would enlighten me quite a bit.

Animesh does not yet support applying attach points to unrigged links. Until it does, anything unrigged will not follow animations.

So if you want to make an animesh drummer use drumsticks you will have to rig and weight drumsticks to their hands.

If Animesh could apply attach points, you could use a function to apply the hand attach point, attach position & attach rotation to a drumstick and it will "bind" to that attach point which follows the hand movement like an attach point on a user.

Attach points are already in the bento skeleton. I have assembled animesh characters that are rigged to attach points and can animate them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FridayAfternoon said:

So, this is about animesh NPCs then since they don’t have attachment points?

Yes. If you read the first line of the OP, you will see:

On 9/5/2020 at 8:39 AM, Artorius Constantine said:

I need a couple things created & rigged for animesh use, FP of course.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.