Logistics of buying a full sim

perfectstormss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, perfectstormss said:

Hello,

I have been very curious in regards to land since joining second life. I see people selling private land for upwards of 2000 USD. Can someone explain to me as to why?  Also a break down of how one profits off this?

Right now land cannot be purchased from LL and as such, people can charge whatever they want to sell the sim. Also, grandfathered sims have a lower monthly payment, so they are a hot commodity. So the sell of the SIM = profits. :P

4 hours ago, Zack Massiel said:

Also a break down of how one profits off this?

Most likely the one selling is profiting from the sell. 

From the buyer perspective, not everyone who purchases a full region is doing so in order to profit from the region. They may have other reasons for the purchase in which the current high prices are not a major factor in that purpose for which they are purchasing the region. 

2 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

Most likely the one selling is profiting from the sell. 

From the buyer perspective, not everyone who purchases a full region is doing so in order to profit from the region. They may have other reasons for the purchase in which the current high prices are not a major factor in that purpose for which they are purchasing the region. 

Oh you were replying to perfect and just copied me. I was wondering why I was tagged lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.