Is it possible to send a message with no viewer?

UrsulaStratford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My internet's been shut off over a billing issue, I only have my phone(Android, in case that helps), and I'm wondering if there's a way to send a message from my dashboard so I can tell people why I can't get on at the moment.  The IM option didn't work;  I was able to post on their profile, but I have no way of knowing if they even check it.  Thanking you in advance.

4 answers to this question

You can use https://speedlight.io/ to connect to SL from your Android phone. It is actively being developed amd free to use (there is a paid option).

Note that if you are a free user, you can only stay connected for one hour at a time. But once you get disconnected, you can just reconnect again.

Speedlight allows you to talk to people (local, IM, and groups) you can manage your inventory and you can even look around you in 3D mode but you must remember that this last thing is limited and experimental, and free users can't walk around.

All in all, I think it's a very good way to log into SL and talk to people when you are in an emergency, like you are.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, UrsulaStratford said:

My internet's been shut off over a billing issue, I only have my phone(Android, in case that helps), and I'm wondering if there's a way to send a message from my dashboard so I can tell people why I can't get on at the moment.  The IM option didn't work;  I was able to post on their profile, but I have no way of knowing if they even check it.  Thanking you in advance.

if you already posted on their profile, you did what's possible. If you have a laptop you could go to a internetcafe/library or find a open network to log in.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you already posted on their profile, you did what's possible. If you have a laptop you could go to a internetcafe/library or find a open network to log in.

There aren't any near where I live unfortunately, and the networks available to me aren't working.  Thank you for answering, I was getting frustrated because I was worried it was something obvious that I was just missing.

2 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You can use https://speedlight.io/ to connect to SL from your Android phone. It is actively being developed amd free to use (there is a paid option).

Note that if you are a free user, you can only stay connected for one hour at a time. But once you get disconnected, you can just reconnect again.

Speedlight allows you to talk to people (local, IM, and groups) you can manage your inventory and you can even look around you in 3D mode but you must remember that this last thing is limited and experimental, and free users can't walk around.

All in all, I think it's a very good way to log into SL and talk to people when you are in an emergency, like you are.

Thank you, I'll try it out.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.