About account sharing

Kistna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all, i was checking that sharing an account it's against the terms, and reading all i see that you need special permission to share account.. i think?, my couple live in other city, like 1 or 2 hours of me, and both we are planning to upload in the marketplace, but i need the help of my couple to use this account, this account has all my id and billing, so what can i do?, where i can get a permission if exist to share this account or there's no way to share it?, and if i can, i need give it to her or we can use it both?

1 answer to this question

Take a look at the LL TOS (sect. 4.2) for the specific language:

You are solely responsible for all activities conducted through your Account whether or not you authorize the activity (except to the extent that activities occur because someone gains access to our system without using your identifiers and password). In the event that fraud, illegality or other conduct that violates this Agreement is discovered or reported (whether by you or someone else) that is connected with your Account, we may terminate your Account (or Accounts) as described in Section 5.

In other words, as the account owner, you are totally responsible for it.  If you let someone else have access, it's on your head if that person messes up your inventory, sells your land, gets into your PayPal or credit card account, or does something that results in a TOS violation.  You can be banned from SL if that person screws up badly enough, because YOU are personally responsible for the account.  There is no such thing as a "shared account".  That's not to say that people don't do it anyway, but you need to be totally clear about the rules.  If someone else is using your account whether or not you authorize the activity, they won't get in trouble unless Linden Lab can verify that the other person hacked the account.  You  will.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.