This is probably a dumb question...

SatanTM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I just started using sketchup, (I know it's inferior to other programs but I am just starting out building anything) and I used dynamic doors and windows but for some reason they don't open or close in secondlife. Pretty much useless outside of sketchup. This may be dumb, but is there anyway to import opening doors and windows with my build? Beginners level hopefully, as I have never built a home in secondlife until now. Hopefully this makes sense.

A door won't just open by itself.  It's a static object.  To make a door open, you need to write a script to control it.  You can find quite a large number of door scripts in SL (in free libraries and for sale in Marketplace).  In general, though, a script has to be matched to the type and orientation of door that it's used in, so finding a script that will work for your specific door can be a little challenging.  I suggest getting a feel for the variety of options before you start shopping.  This thread in the scripting forum is intended for people who are writing their own door scripts, but you ought to at least get a feel for how doors work.  Then, you can either shop around for a ready made script or you can hire a scripter to work on yours (or, of course, learn to write your own script).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.