Strange things happening on my land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just purchased some land in Forgenwauld and some strange things are going on.

First, there is an object setting on the land that doesn't show up as being there.  I can't remove it or return it.  The owner doesn't respond to requests.  I think it is part of a mega prim because the original creator made mega prims.  When I click on the "Permissions" it says that the object has no editable contents.   Does anyone know how do I get rid of it?

Another thing:  There is music on the land, but I can't change it.  I have a radio with a script that brings up various internet radio stations but it doesn't work here but works in other places.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

It sounds likely that the prim you have on your land is actually on one the land of one of your neighbours. As long as the center of the prim is on their land, it won't show up in your object list, and won't count towards your prim limit. Since it is someone elses object, on someone elses land, you can't return it. At least not yet; there is a feature in the works that will enable you to return encroaching prims, but it is not out yet.

If it is a mega prim it will have the name of the original creator of the megaprim in it. Megaprims are no longer possible to make, so the ones in circulation are made a loooong time ago, and carry the name of the person who created it at that time. Whoever use the prim can't change the creator name. Thus, you can't see who owns the prim by looking at the creator name of a mega prim.

The best way to try to get rid of the encroaching prim is to contact the owner of the object. If you get no response, or they refuse to move the build, I think all you can do is to file a ticket to have it removed by LL.

The radio is similar in a way. Someone on a parcel nearby have a radio stream playing, but have not set the parcel to keep sounds withing the parcel boundries. That is why you hear the radio even if you are not playing it yourself.

Also in this case, your best bet is to find the parcel the radio is playing on, and see if the owner can change it so the sound stays within their parces. Don't know if a ticket can be filed for this.

- Luc -

Your land belongs to the Blue Hippo group.

This means you have to have this group active so you can return objects from the land.
It also means you have to deed the radio to the group.

Edited to say I was wrong.
Your land is not group land so you should be able to return objects from it. If you can´t you need to contact support.

The radio doesn´t work because the jukebox is owned by someone else. This person does not have the right to set the parcel radio stream.

Luc Starsider wrote:

The radio is similar in a way. Someone on a parcel nearby have a radio stream playing, but have not set the parcel to keep sounds withing the parcel boundries. That is why you hear the radio even if you are not playing it yourself.

Also in this case, your best bet is to find the parcel the radio is playing on, and see if the owner can change it so the sound stays within their parces. Don't know if a ticket can be filed for this.

There's no such setting.  Streaming audio is always solely for the current parcel and you don't hear it outside the parcel.  The only sounds which cross parcel boundaries are object/gesture sounds, and that's what the "Restrict gesture and object sounds to parcel" setting does.  It has no bearing on streaming audio whatsoever.   The OP may, however, be hearing object sounds from an adjacent parcel, rather than streaming audio, and they can block those by turning on that restriction setting (it works both ways, stopping object & gesture sounds going both in and out of the parcel).  LL won't ever adjust someone else's parcel options for you (if the parcel is owned by an account or group in good standing), so don't put a ticket in for that.

Thank you Pauline.

I have misunderstood the option in the about land window. I never thought to hard about it. When I bought my land, I saw something about restricting sound to parcel, checked it and forgot about it. I agree, then it sounds more likely to be object sound the OP hear.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.