Lost inventory folders and not getting them back after clearing cache. Help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I crashed a few hours ago. And now I lost some clothes folders. The weird thing is that there are now some folders above the My Inventory are. One of them is my dresses folder. I can't move those into my inventory, I can't delete them. I really can't do anything with them. The problem is that the dresses folder issent in my inventory no more. So i tryed to clear cache, but that diddent help.

Then I tryed to restart SL and my computer but that also diddent had any effect. So I went doing the last thing I could think of. Reinstall SL. ( I am on viewer 2) But when I installed SL again and logged in SL told me to make a new avatar. Everything was gone. My whole inventory and everything.

So I installed Phoenix viewer and I could log in again, and my inventoryfolder with the stuff was there again. But the same problem as in the beginning was still there. There are folders above my inventory folder that I can't move, I'am still missing lots of clothes folders. I did clear cache again. But it makes no different. The folders that arrent suppose to be there are still there and my folders arrent back. Does anybody know what the trouble might be???

Thank you :-D

Sameirah Raleigh

Hi

There at the root level , you can only do one thing to fix it, file a ticket, and have them run the database utilities.

Happened to me, took 2 months to get it fixed, be very careful what you say in the ticket or it goes around a few times :matte-motes-grin:

I'm having a similar problem... may be asset server related: When I relog, I go back to where I was last time I logged in... nothing has changed from the previous log in. Purchased items are gone, even though they shown in transaction history. I cannot delete anything from inventory, nor, in most cases can I take into inventory. I also can't rez an item in a full perms sim. Money transactions seem to work though. Money earned camping is there when I relog.

My conclusion: some,or all,of SL asset servers are in need of a swift kick.

• 1 year later...

I have lost all of my cabins and houses over 30 different ones and need help getting them back. The island gave me a 2 day notice Muirin after having it landscaped, paying mega dollars out and now i have lost all my cabins and houses in several folders and need help please? I have jumped through through Phoenix Firestorm release the new one 4.2.2.29837 and have emptied the cache as instructed along among other things to no luck.

I can't take another financial loss and need your help SL please?

CappinJack Mubble aka GypsyWolfen

CappinJack Mubble wrote:

I have lost all of my cabins and houses over 30 different ones and need help getting them back. The island gave me a 2 day notice Muirin after having it landscaped, paying mega dollars out and now i have lost all my cabins and houses in several folders and need help please? I have jumped through through Phoenix Firestorm release the new one 4.2.2.29837 and have emptied the cache as instructed along among other things to no luck.

I can't take another financial loss and need your help SL please?

CappinJack Mubble aka GypsyWolfen

Linden Lab does not respond to things posted in the Forum.

But if you explain carefully exactly what happened, someone here may be able to suggest a best way to deal with this.

Same happened to me, you need to file a support ticket and explain everything, attach at least one screenshot of your inventory to show what exactly happened. Don't forget to write down the list of all things that you allready tried to do. Mention that the problem is on official viewer too! It is also useful to attach few links that explain same problems (I didn't search through jira in ages and have no idea how it looks now but it was realy useful to include few links to jira's).

If you're lucky someone will run inventory repair script and you wll have all your items back. It will only break your outfits that you maybe had saved. And Good luck, I have waited for months for someone to help me with my broken inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.