AspenBelle Cloud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using FS and I wanted to know if you can move the location of the dialogue/communication boxes to another spot on your screen.  These boxes get in the way of items on top bar.

I hope I explained that correctly.

Thank  you

Edited by AspenBelle Cloud
spelling

4 answers to this question

Yes. I am not in FS just now, so I can't look it up. The setting is in Preferences. Use the search at the top of the Preferences panel to find the setting.

The in-world support group will walk you thought the settings change.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

6 hours ago, AspenBelle Cloud said:

I am using FS and I wanted to know if you can move the location of the dialogue/communication boxes to another spot on your screen.  These boxes get in the way of items on top bar.

I hope I explained that correctly.

Thank  you

You can move the Chat/IM list pop-up and the Notifications pop-up.  Not the little tiny envelope and chat circle, but the window they open when you click them.  The little icons that tell you how many Conversations you have and how many Notices cannot be moved -- these in the upper right:

image.png.98c51e9979f74a9e28523ad37b284752.png

The lists that I get when I click on those can be moved and they seem to stick where they are moved.

You can also move around some (maybe all) of the various object dialog boxes that pop up (asking to animate you or giving a menu for something, etc...), but not until after they pop up.  i.e. an object pops up a window giving a menu and I move the window, the next time that object pops up the menu window, it will still be in the original upper right location.  That has been my experience anyway.  The Firestorm folks might be able to give you a location - config file maybe - where you can modify that upper right default position.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.