Rigged attachment visible for owner but invisible for other avatars...

iPro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sell a rigged attachment that has both rigged and non rigged visible objects linked together. I have heard reports from some customers that they can see the attachment/body part fine but others cannot. Any ideas?

• iPro changed the title to Rigged attachment visible for owner but invisible for other avatars...
2 hours ago, iPro said:

I sell a rigged attachment that has both rigged and non rigged visible objects linked together. I have heard reports from some customers that they can see the attachment/body part fine but others cannot. Any ideas?

Does the linkset happen to be attached to the HUD?

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

Attached through script, yes. There is an invisible button in the hud that hides the attachment. The owners claim they hide and show it and it still stays invisible to the other user.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, iPro said:

Attached through script, yes. There is an invisible button in the hud that hides the attachment. The owners claim they hide and show it and it still stays invisible to the other user.

Rigged mesh, if attached to the HUD, will never show for anybody but the user. The HUD attachments are "private" in that sense. 

• Thanks 2

I sell mesh lady bits that is visible to 99% of users except some users claim that others cannot see it. I had one customer (who said her partner couldn't see it) come to my store and I saw it perfectly fine.

Edited by iPro

Maybe there's a bug in firestorm that isn't rendering some attachments for some users. Normally people wouldn't know if an attachment is missing but when lady bits can't be seen, people tend to notice.

Edited by iPro

On 7/9/2020 at 9:24 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Does the linkset happen to be attached to the HUD?

Sorry I didn't understand what you meant at first. Why would anyone in their right mind attach a visible attachment to a hud? I'm sure it has happened before to someone out there but not in this case.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, iPro said:

Sorry I didn't understand what you meant at first. Why would anyone in their right mind attach a visible attachment to a hud? I'm sure it has happened before to someone out there but not in this case.

I've seen it done for some unpackers, for example. The unrigged parts are displayed as a normal HUD you can click on, but at the same time -- although you only attached one thing -- your avatar will also have a shopping bag or something show up in their hand and play an animation. From your perspective, it's quite neat. I definitely went "wow, how does that work?"

But from another avatar's perspective, your avatar is just playing a random hold animation with nothing in their hand. Not the weirdest thing to see, but definitely not the intended effect.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.