How to make bento heads?

Cloud9Barbie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello so I was wondering how I could get into the process of making bento heads?Also how to make them fit on other bodies really well and how what I need for them,as I really want to get into bento head making!If anyone have any ideas I’ll be very thankful!Thx in advance💚💚💚

Hello Barbie,

Welcome to Second Life.....I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions. Until others stop by i would say that you may want to check out the "creator" part of this forum farther down the page. In that way you will find and be able to touch base with folks that are creators.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/122-creation-forum/

Kind Regards,

Josephine

Heads are made to fit the classic avatar neck. Most body and head makers have decided to use the Linden made avatar as the guide for compatibility. Generally a vertex-by-vertex match is made.

To reduce the appearance of the neck seam, the first row of polygons at the bottom of the head's neck is closely aligned to the row of polygons in the classic avatar. Some consider the top row of polygons in the body's neck. The idea is to avoid any crease at the seam that would cause the seam to show. And there are various other tricks used to better bend across the seam.

Bento heads are just mesh rigged to the new Bento face bones. This is not a simple task. There are lots of bones and tongue, teeth, and skin are overlapping making it complex to weight paint.

There are developer kits for most bodies and heads. You can use those to get a vertex-by-vertex exact match for you creations.

In SL Blender w/AvaStar is the common tool used. Some use Maya w/MayaStar and 3D Max.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.