Question about land sizes for sale

Ladivamp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new to selling land and I am curious if its better to set the parcels at sizes that are at the limits for each tier such as 1024, 2048, 4096 etc rather than to have 'odd-sized' land like 2816 or 3200.  I have some land I would like to sell, but I am willing to size-down and abandon if the land will sell better that way.  Thanks for any advice.

1 hour ago, Ladivamp said:

I am new to selling land and I am curious if its better to set the parcels at sizes that are at the limits for each tier such as 1024, 2048, 4096 etc rather than to have 'odd-sized' land like 2816 or 3200.  I have some land I would like to sell, but I am willing to size-down and abandon if the land will sell better that way.  Thanks for any advice.

If the area is quite sought after, and especially if there is no other abandoned/land for sale in the region, then try it as one parcel. You are right though about the tier sizes being particularly attractive, but if you are able to carry on paying your tier while you sell, then don't just abandon the off-cuts. As long as they're a reasonable shape some people (I've done this myself) are happy to buy small parcels to use up available group bonus where they've been purchasing regular sized parcels.

Thanks Sister Nova.  I have the only parcels in that area and they are a good shape - its why I kept the odd size.  I want them to move fast because my tier is quite high right now.  I prefer to sell them as is, but maybe I'll wait a bit longer and reduce them to tier-sized parcels.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two ways to think about sizing land for sale.

The first is easy...just size it to the maximum tier levels.  512, 1024, 2048, 4096, etc.

The second is to size it for optimum group-owned land tier levels.  Groups get a 10% tier bonus, and a lot of potential buyers are looking for a parcel that takes this into account.  For group owned land, optimum parcel sizes are:  560    1,120    2,240    4,496    9,008    17,808    36,032.

The math:  parcel size x 1.10.  Divide result by 16 (land comes in 16 sq m. chunks).  Drop anything after the decimal point, multiply resulting integer by 16.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.