Store recommendations

ThatOneRaven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yo anyone got any store recommendations that are like Ghoul or Aii & Ego? Just any goth, grunge or edgy stores are what im looking for. I just love exploring new stores, stuff like wings and horns are what i like the most. Extra points for monster girl stuff like Aii & Ego has. Love y'all <3

For absolutely the best eyes demon and other "ghouly-like" characters it must be -bus-.  All -bus- eyes I love.  I've only shopped on Marketplace though for -bus- so I don't know if they are inworld or not.   YS&YS has some fantasy Ghouly-like skins I like too!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/192017

EDIT:  Regarding BOM, -bus- eyes work with BOM and Omega.   As far as YS&YS skins, I am not sure which ones may or may not be BOM updated.

Edited by FairreLilette

Finding stores that match your taste can be a challenge. Asking as you have is a good way. But, there are a couple of... faster... mmmm... maybe tedious, but I find them fun ways. Blogs and events. One of the biggest and more popular blogs is iHeartSL. All the designers show up in this stream of NEW at some point. It is easy to scan through and pick the things and styles you like. It will lead you to stores with what you want.

Then there are events. Look to websites like Seraphim and other event websites. There are events like  XXX and Kinky along with Wicca and We Love RP that get dark and much could pass for goth. This forum has a section devoted to EVENTS and 

There is an official SL Calendar with various events listed: https://secondlife.com/events/. Unfortunately it is ALL events in SL. So, you have to do a lot of reading for little reward.

In the Destination Guide near the top of the left-column of categories is SHOPPING EVENTS. Today they list 51... This is probably a better choice for you.

If you have found shops that cater to your taste look at the events they list in their shop. They are usually around the entrance and prominent. At the events you'll find more shops marketing to the same style.

I have a folder labeled EVENTS and another labeled SHOPS. I landmark the events and shops I like and stash the Landmarks in the appropriate folder. I also place folders with year labels inside those folders. If I visit a LM that is in the 2018 folder and the shop is still there, I move it to the 2020 folder. If it isn't I delete it. Or if it was a shop I REALLY LIKED I'll use in-world search to find out if they have just moved. Whatever. Eventually the 2018 folder is empty and I delete it too. BECAUSE... in case you don't know... in the debate over whether SL is a "game" or not... the 'nots' lost. SL is an inventory game🤭 So to win you have to out inventory everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.