BOM

dann87

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, dann87 said:

anyone know much about BOM? kinda struggling 

Took me a full day and a half and sure I don't know everything. I suggest checking the tutorials on YouTube. There are quite a few and they were helpful. 

Basically if you have a complete BOM avatar -- both head and body (not necessarily same maker) you wear the skin that you want to show on your mesh on your default system body. Make sure ALL alphas (except maybe eyes if you are using your own mesh eyes) are gone.  The mesh of the skin shows up on the BOM mesh body. No me need for appliers (a big plus that I like).    If your head isn't BOM you can still use the BOM boday AS LONG AS you have an applier for you head that is the same BOM skin for the body.   

Good luck!!!!

BOM stands for "Bakes On Mesh." Bakes are the textures used by the system (LL) avatar. BOM allows your mesh attachments (usually body-parts) to use the same textures.

When an attachment is using BOM, the appropriate section of the system avatar will vanish, so you shouldn't use full-body alphas or you'll end up having no body at all.

Essentially, this allows you to use skins, tattoos, and regular clothing layers on your mesh body without needing any appliers.

All of your body textures will also combine into fewer textures, making your avatar easier to render, and making SL run a little better. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.