can I salvage this purchase?

Jadamen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please see the picture to know what I am talking about. So usually I am good about making sure I read all over a description to make sure I have the right things. this time I think I might be able to use it as I intended. I never worked with classic avatars all that much, didn't fully start paying attention to things till I bought my Maitreya and now I have a tonic as well because I am learning how to make mesh items. I thought when it said system layers I would be able to use it on one of my bodies. Is there a way I could use it on one of them? 

0d95b3f61297bdb391fa65e7b0ec2084.jpg

You need a BOM skin. See where it says "Use BOM skin"?

That is not the same as picking on of the skins in that HUD. BOM skin = system skin. Only difference is that the BOM skins have nails removed and usually better quality than the older system skins.

What's your head? Is it a mesh head or not? If it is not mesh, just click "Use BOM skin" and the skin you have on should show up on the mesh body. (Disclaimer: I don't use Tonic, so I am guessing it works this way)

If you like your skin, there are lots of BOM fixes on the Marketplace that helps with ugly nails.

Then you can start layering your system layers as you do with your classic body.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

You need a BOM skin. See where it says "Use BOM skin"?

That is not the same as picking on of the skins in that HUD. BOM skin = system skin. Only difference is that the BOM skins have nails removed and usually better quality than the older system skins.

What's your head? Is it a mesh head or not? If it is not mesh, just click "Use BOM skin" and the skin you have on should show up on the mesh body. (Disclaimer: I don't use Tonic, so I am guessing it works this way)

If you like your skin, there are lots of BOM fixes on the Marketplace that helps with ugly nails.

Then you can start layering your system layers as you do with your classic body.

well what I am asking is, this item is supposed to just add like tattoos on the skin I have. make me look like I'm an android with my own skin. I have a ball jointed doll one that works with my bodies and thought this one was the same. I just wanted to ask to see if perhaps I was missing something on how I could use it. 

13 minutes ago, Jadamen said:

well what I am asking is, this item is supposed to just add like tattoos on the skin I have. make me look like I'm an android with my own skin. I have a ball jointed doll one that works with my bodies and thought this one was the same. I just wanted to ask to see if perhaps I was missing something on how I could use it. 

If you have BOM activated, it will show. Click on one of the layers in your inventory and add. You have tried it?

If I don't understand what you are asking, forgive me. English isn't my 1 language.

Just now, Marianne Little said:

If you have BOM activated, it will show. Click on one of the layers in your inventory and add. You have tried it?

If I don't understand what you are asking, forgive me. English isn't my 1 language.

thank you for your help. I am still learning about BOM, I thought I understood it, but not entirely sure

19 minutes ago, Jadamen said:

If the skin you currently have is one of the default body skins from the hud, or an applier that you've added, you can't use those android layers. You'll have to get a new skin, in classic system layer as well, then switch your mesh body (either one, Maitreya or Tonic will both work) to BOM.

If you don't own any system layer skins... well, actually you do. All the default starter avatars in your inventory Library include one. You could use one of those for the time being, until you find another that you like better. Pink Fuel has some nice cheap ones.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

If the skin you currently have is one of the default body skins from the hud, or an applier that you've added, you can't use those android layers. You'll have to get a new skin, in classic system layer as well, then switch your mesh body (either one, Maitreya or Tonic will both work) to BOM.

If you don't own any system layer skins... well, actually you do. All the default starter avatars in your inventory Library include one. You could use one of those for the time being, until you find another that you like better. Pink Fuel has some nice cheap ones.

thanks, I have a few skins I need to check to see if they work. I have been using default Maitreya skins because it seems every time I log on her breasts are not visible and I have to refresh the skin and that's been the quickest rout. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.