Advanced Lighting is causing weird shadows on Catwa head

Inilth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Inilth said:

When I turn advanced lighting off it looks fine. It seems to have started after I applied a 3rd party skin to it. Any ideas how I can get the skin to work with advanced lighting?

messed up shadows_001.png

I think you have the Materials slider activated and turned really high up. You will not see glossiness unless you have advanced lightning on, that is the reason your head suddenly look like polished.

Copying from a tutorial: "Does your face look really shiny? Click the head icon in the Materials box so that it’s highlighted (old HUD: click ‘skin’ until it’s surrounded by a black circle), as in the image below, then click the ‘x’ under the slider beneath it, or drag the slider to the bottom."

You find the tutorial here, and see just where in the HUD you find materials tab if you scroll down a bit, to the section Alpha – Lashes – Tint – Neck Size

http://www.virtualbloke.com/archives/2830

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think you have the Materials slider activated and turned really high up. You will not see glossiness unless you have advanced lightning on, that is the reason your head suddenly look like polished.

Copying from a tutorial: "Does your face look really shiny? Click the head icon in the Materials box so that it’s highlighted (old HUD: click ‘skin’ until it’s surrounded by a black circle), as in the image below, then click the ‘x’ under the slider beneath it, or drag the slider to the bottom."

You find the tutorial here, and see just where in the HUD you find materials tab if you scroll down a bit, to the section Alpha – Lashes – Tint – Neck Size

http://www.virtualbloke.com/archives/2830

It was the normals on the Catwa head. But I'm confused why it was doing that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.