Second Life viewer won't work!

Amayasora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried opening the viewer to start playing for the very first time but it wont open. There is a window opening every time I try but it is blank . I tried restarting my computer but it wont work either. I have no idea what should I do to fix that. i even uninstalled it and installed it again but nothing would change... Could someone please help me?

OK, let's get the basics first.  What kind of computer do you have,  Mac or PC?

What operating system?  Win XP, Vista, OSX etc?

Video Card:  There are so many versions out there and only a few that are supported.

Also, how do you connect to the internet?  cable, wifi, DSL, and also do you go through a wireless link in your home network?

And finally, have you updated your drivers for your video card and possibly the network card as well?

That should get us started on the usual suspects list.

If you're running it for the first time, it should be loading the Terms of Service for you to accept.  Lately, when they've changed and I have to reaccept, it loads very slowly...  For me at least.  You should probably leave it alone for a bit, and see if it eventually comes up.

Umm okay...I have got a PC. Vista operating system. Which video cards are supported?I should check mine i guess. 

I have a cable and it is not a wifi network.

Uh about the last one I have no single idea.. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.