Sim not showing up in search

Travis Sohl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had my roleplay sim up for a month now and I have it selected to show in search with no restrictions for access besides needing to be 18+. It still wont show up in the search unless I put the actual name of the sim in. The keywords being used are simple and nothing past what is normally used by others in the rp genre. Is there something I am missing? I have tried searching about this topic but keep coming up empty handed. Again, it has been searchable for a month and only comes up when you search it by direct name only (keyword search is not working) and yes there is linden on my account to cover the 30L.

Any information is appreciated, thank you.

4 hours ago, Travis Sohl said:

I've had my roleplay sim up for a month now and I have it selected to show in search with no restrictions for access besides needing to be 18+. It still wont show up in the search unless I put the actual name of the sim in. The keywords being used are simple and nothing past what is normally used by others in the rp genre. Is there something I am missing? I have tried searching about this topic but keep coming up empty handed. Again, it has been searchable for a month and only comes up when you search it by direct name only (keyword search is not working) and yes there is linden on my account to cover the 30L.

Just curious - have you tried it without the 18+ age restriction?   (It might take a little bit of time to cycle through, so if I was going to try it, I'd remove the restriction, and wait a day or so before deciding it did or did not work).

Also curious as to why you have that restriction? If it's a moderate or adult region, only accounts that are RL 18+ will be able to go there whether or not you have that restriction.  If you are trying to keep out avatars that are RL adults but are presenting as children or teens, the age restriction will not prevent them from landing at your region.  

14 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

Just curious - have you tried it without the 18+ age restriction?   (It might take a little bit of time to cycle through, so if I was going to try it, I'd remove the restriction, and wait a day or so before deciding it did or did not work).

Also curious as to why you have that restriction? If it's a moderate or adult region, only accounts that are RL 18+ will be able to go there whether or not you have that restriction.  If you are trying to keep out avatars that are RL adults but are presenting as children or teens, the age restriction will not prevent them from landing at your region.  

I am trying that now. It was already checked when I got the land so didn't think to change it. 

I appreciate the suggestion. Hopefully it'll work :)

• 1 year later...
On 5/17/2020 at 9:32 AM, Travis Sohl said:

Welcome to my world. Search is broken and has been for more than six months. It is broken especially on the regular SL viewer; it is less broken on Firestorm apparently.

It does not matter if you have checked off the 30L box for an ad in search/places, it does not mean that a search on your exact name will work to turn up a search anywhere near the first or even third page.

It may be in the results somewhere -- but often there are 4000 results so you will not find your place even going through many, many pages.

So join me in filing a ticket to the Lindens, actually I've had one open for months with many responses and have actually been told by a Linden to start a new one, but I'm not doing that now because I figure they have enough to do with their CEO having just died in RL.

Are there workarounds?

Um....well...you can pay for a classified. Even a $100 or $500 classified will show up...possibly.

You can buy an ad for your venue at places like clubs or malls that have wall ads.

You can get your patrons to put the venue in their picks.

Praying a decade of the Rosary can help. I would select one of the Sorrowful Mysteries.

I also put in a question to the "Meet the Lindens" thing so you might try that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.