Newbie with using Gestures

WhisperingPond

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, WhisperingPond said:

When I select the Gestures panel, I can get my Avatar to make facial expressions and sounds, but he doesn't do anything physical like wave or clap. What am I doing wrong? I've only been a member for a week, so go easy on me. 

If you are a Classic avatar, the only animation facial hud I know of is one for smiling plus a few other faces.  Like this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SERENADE-HUD-SMILES/4901362

If you'd like to have a more animated avatar, you need a mesh avatar that is Bento which most come with facial/hand expression huds or you buy facial and hand animation huds separately.

As far as wave or clap for a Classic avatar, I've never seen that actually work either.  Maybe someone has more info for you on animation gestures for your avatar.

The gestures Blaise is speaking about are written gestures that you play such as:  I love this tune!  with wingdings and symbols and sometimes sounds that play also.  Most people hate them.  I like them though if tasteful, simple and not overwhelming.  

adding:  I believe the OP is speaking about the gestures that come with the viewer.  I could not get wave nor clap to work either when I tried them as a newbie.  

Edited by JanuarySwan

This morning before heading off to work I purchased a new avatar, but did not have time to play with it. 

Sometimes the hardest part of learning SL is having to remember that I have a RL demanding my time. 

Thank you for your tips. I'll know more when I get home tonight... While my wife is wondering when I'm coming to bed. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.