Look and feel of Brussels / Belgium?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, hi, perhaps real folks might have a suitable idea... 

For a roleplay scene, I'm looking for places which have the look and/or feel of the City of Brussels or generally inspired by Belgium or Flanders. But preferably a city scene.

I've been searching my usual FlickR resources for a match, but sadly, I keep ending up with mostly Tuscan inspired places and lots of Tonal and Soul 2 Soul shots... well, they are all lovely, yeah, but not quite what I want for this scene, because that's way too close to the usual RP setting.

The idea behind this is that my dear character Emilia and her NATO Colonel love interest pay a visit to the headquarters over there, with him dropping off his duty reports and then perhaps finding a tiny bit of private time to spent together. Like, exploring the city or surroundings.

I'd hate to resort to the plain, old, dirty trick of slapping some RL photography on a background prim, but looks like I'll have to...

Suggestions, please? 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Aloha Lilith. I understand why you would want such a sim: Brussels is beautiful! How can you not love the beer, chocolate, music, art, history, etc? I haven't been since the mid 1990s, but have to admit that I haven't seen anywhere in here that seems Brussels-specific. Yeah, you may have to use RL photographs; most urban landscaping I've seen in here seems intentionally generic in order to have wider appeal. Most Euro stuff in SL seems very Germanic. There's a nice Venice sim though. A lot of other places appear British, but they're no longer European :-)  There have been a few Paris sims, but the ones I visited were built many years ago so are technology dinosaurs. In any case, BYOB (Build Your Own Brussels).

• Thanks 1

Aloha heyho :)

In RL, I've only been to the city once when I was a kid, might have been early 90s as well. 

In the meantime, I did come across a few suitable places which might double... ironically, Dutch. The replica of Amsterdam City has a few parts of what I pictured on my mind and so does a sim corner with a Rotterdam look. And - surprisingly - the setup of a poses sale event.

The main inspiration here was the "canon" content of the NATO HQ location. As a neutral alternative, I opted for a plain sky background:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.