Furniture for premium house

WhisperingPond

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Second Life has been a very interesting experience so far. I am amazed at the detail. I have a premium account and so I selected a house. I am wondering where I get the furniture. At the top of the screen in my house it says "Scripts not allowed" and "Building/dropping objects not allowed". The objects I've purchased were not able to open or rez something in that house. Is there a special place I need to go for furniture with a Linden home? Thank you.

5 answers to this question

It's your home, so change those.  Open World >> About Land (or Parcel Details, if you happen to be using Firestorm) and look in the Options tab.  UNcheck the box that says scripts are not allowed to run.  Then set the box for allowing people to create/drop objects to "Group Only".

Thank you. I realize that answers to my many questions are somewhere, but SL is so complex and there are so many details about every little thing. Whenever I start searching for answers to one question I discover something else I was wondering about and down the rabbit hole I go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhisperingPond said:

I realize that answers to my many questions are somewhere, but SL is so complex and there are so many details about every little thing. Whenever I start searching for answers to one question I discover something else I was wondering about and down the rabbit hole I go. 

That's the way it is.  This is a rich, complex world with many options so it does take time to become familiar with the parts that are most important to you.  As you look for guidance, remember to turn first to the Knowledge Base (tab at the top of this page).  Use its Search tool if you don;t see quick links to your specific question. If you still have questions, you can use Firestorm's wiki (https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/), which is quite comprehensive, and of course you can always return here and either search for questions that others have asked before or ask a new one.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.