Is Catwa omega?

MikanMiki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, MikanMiki said:

As the title says, is Catwa omega? 

I checked up on the marketplace for a omega system for catwa, but its only for skins or does it work with blushes and lips and everything else? 

Omega is the old system for applying skins and make-ups to Catwa heads.  You need this Omega System Relay (it's in the link below) for the Omega items that go onto Catwa heads.  So Catwa in and of itself is not Omega...Omega is the old universal system to apply skins and make-ups to (most) mesh heads and bodies but you need the specific ones for your head and your body.  And, yes, the Omega Relay works with both skins and make-ups.  But, for the body you need another Omega relay...for instance for Maitreya Lara you need the Maitreya Omega Relay as well.  

However, there is a new system called BOM, which stands for Bakes On Mesh.  BOM is better but you need the newest BOM viewer.  There is a BOM area of this forum if you'd like to start learning about BOM.  There are also videos on YouTube you can find for BOM tutorials.  Search for BOM video tutorials of CATWA heads.  If you start learning about BOM you need the Catwa BOM Relay, 2nd link below.  If you are new, I am going to recommend you go with BOM skin.  You need a skin that says BOM Ready for example.  However, there is a learning curve...it took me a few days to start to get the hang of it but there are tutorial videos to watch about BOM which are very helpful.   There is also an inworld group for Catwa if you have any questions about how to use BOM.  

Omega System Relay:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Catwa/7785742

BOM Catwa Relay:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CATWA-BOM-Relay/19513571

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.