Can anyone detect when a user clicks the [BACK] button in AvSitter?

Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am in the middle of doing some scripting that its own dialogs that have to interface with AvSitter.  It would be really handy if AvSitter sent one of its numerical flags when a user clicks on its [Back] button, but I can't find any mention of that sort of flag in the documentation.  I just want to be able to reset a couple of variables and clear a list in my script when I know that the user is backing up a level in the AvSitter menus. Anyone?

not out-of-the-box that I am aware of

typically I mod the AVSitter source code to send custom link messages for this kind of thing

in [AV]sitB script, the menu listen event handler for "BACK" is at unoptimised line 306 and optimised line 954 in source version 2.2-03

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Molly.  Sorry to have ignored your response since Monday.  I was doing a deep dive into my project and forgot to come up for air.  I've done essentially the same thing you're suggesting, and it works fairly smoothly.  I'm impressed with the other handy options in AvSitter, and with the way they've made it fairly easy to communicate with other LSL scripts. I was just hoping that that someone more familiar with AvSitter could point out an easy undocumented way to detect that [BACK] button that I  had somehow missed. 

• Like 1

like you say Rolig, AVSitter is a pretty comprehensive library and can make the life of creatives a whole lot easier than life would be without it

what I tend to do with library code like this in addition to adding in custom mods is to strip out code that is not needed for my task. Doing this is not always necessary and sometimes the effort is not worth the time in the normal course. Is just something I do, if only because I can and I have the time to do so

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.