PC Locking up

BlakeAiden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone

I have been using the SL viewer for months now and basically never have any issues but over the past 3 or 4 days now it keeps freezing and locking my pc up totally. I have tried re installing it, checked for viruses or malware but nothing stops it. I can play for hours then it will freeze my pc and sometimes it will freeze the moment i log in.  I have lowered the graphics and done everything i can think of. I also did try firestorm and it does the same thing. Any Ideas?

PC Stats:

i7 4790k

16 gig ram

HD4600 Graphics

Thanks guys :)

2 answers to this question

You're probably going to have to plan on running with a low draw distance, no advanced lighting, a low Max Complexity setting, a low number of non-aliased avatars, and all the other stress-reduction settings, and you'll still find that you do better in uncrowded regions that don't have a load of textures to deal with.  The Intel graphics chip on your motherboard meets SL's minimum requirements, but it isn't close to being powerful enough to handle heavy graphics rendering for a long time.  If you push it, your system will protect itself from overheating by dumping you out of SL.

35dfeec7dd6ba4d3008e24e28d271fbc.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.