Land Purchase

TylerRose Nexen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

You mean OpenSpace regions, I suppose.

I don't work for Linden Lab, so I don't know the answer to that one.  One might guess that 1) since they can't be used for anything producing income, estate owners simply didn't buy all that many of them, and/or 2) LL couldn't figure out a pricing/performance model that would allow OpenSpace regions to fit in the new pricing of full and Homestead regions.

While they are no longer selling new OpenSpace regions, you may still be able to buy them on the used market from another resident.  I'm not sure about this, though.  LL said they would continue to support existing OpenSpace regions, at new lower monthly prices, for "existing owners".  I did not find any explicit statement that they would be transferable to a new owner.

Like Lindal, I don't know why, but I know when: as of July 2nd, 2018 they were no longer available to purchase. I also share the speculation that the product may have been dropped because it was never as popular as the Lab must have hoped.

On the plus side, the Lab has been a bit more generous providing public, Homestead-class Linden water regions suitable for sailing around and between continents. Doesn't much help a private region, though, unless it happens to be Mainland-adjacent.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.