Why do Lindens use a forced black font?

Louise Fyrewik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why do the Lindens use a forced black font so often? I prefer to use the Dark view of the forums, as it's a bit easier on the eyes, but it stood out to me that many Lindens post in black font which stays black when switching to the Dark view. This is really annoying, because to be able to read this, I either need to switch to default view (which I switched away from deliberately), or highlight the text.

You would expect that members from the company would be aware there is a dark mode in which black font is very little contrast?

image.png.d459993003e89820de95565fe7b4d3b4.png

image.thumb.png.d631dba9505b4b3c487553aa4ed76aec.png

• Haha 1

Try DARK READER (works on Chrome based browsers including Brave). It let's you set the darkness and tint that you want and choose between light and dark themes -- or turn off for some sites as needed. Here is what my choices looks like. 

image.thumb.png.c5e7e023c590d6cae83467737fe9cd0b.png

My issue isn't with the darkness of the background on the Dark template the forum uses, it's with the Lindens that use a forced font colour that is barely visible on a forum theme they are offering as an option themselves. They should just leave the font colour to default when making posts, and in the dark theme their posts will show with lighter lettering.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.