Starting with AVsitter

GloriaGlitter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is my first attempt at using AVsitter.  I downloaded the files from github and created the scripts as directed.  I have followed the instructions to create a box and put in the following files:

[AV]sitA + [AV]sitB scripts
[AV]adjuster script
[AV]helper object
AVpos notecard
Plus 2 sit animations

The next instructions is:

'Sit on your furniture, and the menu will appear'

When I try and sit on this box, I am thrown off and get error message: "Do not sit on the helper with AVsitter2 unless you have enabled the old helper mode. Move the helper while sitting on the furniture. Please see instructions at http://avsitter.com"

So I guess my first question at this stage is - how do I enable the old helper mode?

UPDATE - I realised my error - I put the helper script in the box and not the helper object - doh!  I would have deleted this post but could only see how to edit it.

Edited by GloriaGlitter
Realised my error

So, I have successfully put some sitting animations into a chair and adjusted the positions to how I wanted them.  The only issue I have now is that the helper object when put into my chair object deleted the chair texture - I don't have this texture in my inventory as it was part of the chair that I got from elsewhere - how can I stop the helper from deleting the texture?

11 minutes ago, GloriaGlitter said:

So, I have successfully put some sitting animations into a chair and adjusted the positions to how I wanted them.  The only issue I have now is that the helper object when put into my chair object deleted the chair texture - I don't have this texture in my inventory as it was part of the chair that I got from elsewhere - how can I stop the helper from deleting the texture?

I have never heard of that.  You could try asking in the avsitter inworld group.  It's called Unofficial AVsitter Support Group

3 hours ago, GloriaGlitter said:

The script which goes inside the helper object changes prim parameters of the helper object (blank texture, pink colour). If you put that script directly into the chair, it would change the chair parameters where it could, ie the texture.

The helper object itself shouldn't change the chair texture.

Try using a rezzed prim as your seat to experiment with until you get the hang of it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.