Would this laptop spec be enough to run SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i need to replace a laptop that no longer works i was previously used to an Intel pentium M processor 1.5gb ram ATI X300 GPU enough to run Second Life on med graphics

what i can afford to buy as replacement includes 

Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Hard Drive Size 250GB
Memory Size 2GB
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor AMD V Series
Processor Model Number V140
Processor Speed 2.3GHz

i'm a bit clueless towards current spec and not sure what to look for so hoping whats listed is enough to run Second Life before i go and fork out a lot of money

Hi Claire.  The most expensive product you listed was Windoze. Yes, the genuine windoze.  

The chips (cpu) are single core.  (Although I do like AMD, Intel has some interesting new products that can't be dismissed so easily).   Hard disk space is cheap, and should be the last thing to 'worry' about when using for SL.  The graphic card is based on the RS880M chipset; not the best, closer to the bottom than the top.  2GB RAM is minimum. 

Imo, if you purchase these 'replacement' parts you will be very unhappy in less than 6 months. 

What is you budget?  

While that laptop will run SL, you are not going to get good performance from it because the graphics card is very middle of the road and not really meant for high end applications.  You will probably have to keep graphics settings at medium or below to get ok frame rates.

The RAM is also kind of low.  Most high end laptops come with 8 to 16 MB of RAM now as well as an i7 quad core processor where each processor is capable of hyper-threading.  If you are on a low budget, unless you absolutely have to have access to SL on a laptop, I would recommend you save your money for a much better desktop.  You can get exponentially better bang for your buck and desktops can be upgraded in a myriad number of ways that a laptop cannot.

I wouldn't recommend buying a laptop like that because it is already on the road to being obselete in a few years for anything as demanding as SL.

as noted windows is the most expensive component in there, and if you already have it on your current computer, you can transfer it (if it is indeed a replacement), so you can check into dropping that, although most of the times it's bundled so you either may not be able to, or possibly won't see much of a price drop. It is something to check on with a tight budget though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.