Is it possible to Set 2 landing points on a mainland Sim?

Elijah Jumanya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can't, Elijah..I've tried, as I know this would be very convenient sometimes. You can make as many landmarks as you like, but only a single landing point. I'd try what Irene suggested, and split off a smaller parcel so that it can have it's own landing point. Or a teleport system is another way to think, perhaps?

Ciaran Laval wrote:

You can certainly create two landmarks on one parcel if you have teleport routing set to anywhere.

???

If you're on your own land, you can create landmarks anywhere regardless of the teleport routing settings.

If you're on someone else's land, you can create landmarks anywhere but only if the owner checked the Create Landmarks checkbox in About Land | Options.

Why would more than one landing point be needed for a parcel?  If someone teleports to a parcel with two landing points, where would they go?  The closest one?  What would happen if one landing point was set to (50, 50, 50), another set to (100, 100, 50), and someone teleported to (75, 75, 50)?

Hugsy Penguin wrote:

Ciaran Laval wrote:

You can certainly create two landmarks on one parcel if you have teleport routing set to anywhere.

???

If you're on your own land, you can create landmarks anywhere regardless of the teleport routing settings.

If you're on someone else's land, you can create landmarks anywhere but only if the owner checked the Create Landmarks checkbox in About Land | Options.

Why would more than one landing point be needed for a parcel?  If someone teleports to a parcel with two landing points, where would they go?  The closest one?  What would happen if one landing point was set to (50, 50, 50), another set to (100, 100, 50), and someone teleported to (75, 75, 50)?

I have a parcel where we hold events at 3,000 metres, but the landing point is on the ground, when we send out group notices for an event we send a landmark for location the event is taking place at, if we didn't have teleport routing set to anywhere, people would land at the ground level landing point, rather than the event stage.

Ok, I can see it now.  You have multiple points of interest on your land and want people to go to specific points instead of just anywhere.  Right now you have to sub-divide the land, but that means you have to maintain multiple sets of land properties.  Teleports would go to the nearest landing point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.