Jump to content

Elijah Jumanya

Resident
  • Content Count

    159
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About Elijah Jumanya

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  1. Qwalyphi Korpov wrote: Each parcel can have a specified landing point. Thank you, I appreciate the answer but what I am looking to find out is if we can set 2 specific landing points can be created. I am aware of how to set 1.
  2. I have looked through the KB and SL Answers and am not being able to find an answer. My apologies if I am posting in the wrong section but since they changed the Forums I rarely come here any more.
  3. I own about half of a mainland parcel and shortly after I bought it we kept having a single prim show up, we would auto return it and it would be back with in seconds. I was able to figure out who made the prim and found out it was a spy prim. When we IM'd the creator and told her that we would be pursuing legal action she immediately removed the item and it never came back.
  4. Daqbet.kish wrote: No, there is no way to make your avatar completely invisible because the nametag will always show even through an invisaprim. I know I will get flammed for this but here goes; What is an invisiprim?
  5. One of the most widely misused terms on the Net is "ad hominem". It is most often introduced into a discussion by certain delicate types, delicate of personality and mind, whenever their opponents resort to a bit of sarcasm. As soon as the suspicion of an insult appears, they summon the angels of ad hominem to smite down their foes, before ascending to argument heaven in a blaze of sanctimonious glory. They may not have much up top, but by God, they don't need it when they've got ad hominem on their side. It's the secret weapon that delivers them from any argument unscathed. Therefore, if you can't demonstrate that your opponent is trying to counter your argument by attacking you, you can't demonstrate that he is resorting to ad hominem. If your opponent's sarcasm is not an attempt to counter your argument, but merely an attempt to insult you (or amuse the bystanders), then it is not part of an ad hominem argument.
  6. I have to say this. I feel so sorry for you Daria, to live such a miserable life that you have to spread your misery around, how incredibly sad for you. I couldn't even imagine being so horrid to other people and ever feeling good about myself. To see you spread malicious lies about someone you don't even know OMG how I pity you. It's unimaginable that anyone could be so vicious and mean spirited as you are and to feel that you have the right to spread your venom around like the world owes you something. My heart truly aches for you that you could be such a sad person. How Horrible it would be to be you. I shudder at the thought. I will pray for you that sometime, somewhere you will find the happiness you are so obviously missing in your life.
  7. I'm sorry that you feel sympathy and caring is justification of your libel and who is stevedave? Before you make accusations please make sure of your facts.
  8. Daria.Afterthought wrote: Go away Eli. Alt posting is stupid. I'm sorry are you speaking to me? Oh dear, what will I tell my son? "Hi honey I'm sorry to tell you this but your mother is really an alt and a Male one at that." Hmmmmm. I don't think so but libel is always fun. libel (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast), each of which gives a common law right of action. Daria I am not an alt of Eli and libel is a tort.
  9. AOXOMOXOA.Ansar wrote: please use correct spelling on contractions it is spelled "you're" for the contraction of "you are" The word "your" is a posessive prononun...even a third grader knows that ya dummy thanks and have a pleasant tomorrow OH Do you need a hug too? Poor, Poor thing we will pray for you too!!
  10. Daria.Afterthought wrote: I'm a 5'3 120 pound white girl with glasses, a self built computer, level 143 runescape account, and neurlogical issues. I feel like I should be the last person on earth to need to tell people NUT UP SOLDIER! OOOHHHH Poor Daria well no wonder your so miserable, I think we should all gather round Daria and give her a great big hug and pray for her healing. God Bless you Child.
  11. I have been an avid reader of the Q&A threads, I've learned a lot of good things from some of the posters but of late (and yes here we go again) I am seeing respondents to posts Flaming each other, using Vulgarity and and off topic items all of which are Violations of the posted Guidelines.  And to be honest I don't think there are enough Lindens in the world to constantly watch the Blogs and Q&A. How do we as a group help others learn what is appropriate and what is inappropriate behavior.  I have filed complaints against the worst offenders but to no avail.  I hear everyone complaining about problems but few offering constructive answers.  I am including some parts of the Guidelines here in hopes of spurring some thought and positive discussion about this. I am of an older generation that was raised to say please and thank you, to treat others with respect.  And to say to ourselves "would I want this done or said to me?" and if the question is no then not to say or do it.  I am also not of the thinking that "I have to do it to them, before they do it to me".  And I know that many out there agree. I am pleading with all here to begin using manners and courtesy when dealing with others, your behavior here reflects your behavior in-world and in RL and I don't know about you but I would never want to be treated the way some treat others. /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} No Flaming, Spamming, or Trolling Spirited discussion is encouraged, but flaming, spamming, and trolling are not allowed. “Flames” are hostile or disruptive posts, or messages intended to incite an angry response. “Spam” is repeated posting, cross posting, or messaging on the same topic or discussion and includes chain letters. And “trolling” is posting an intentionally contrary opinion to incite argumentative response. In the heat of a passionate discussion you may sometimes be tempted to say something that on reflection you will regret. If your comments don’t further a productive dialogue with others who may not share your opinions, then you should reconsider posting. No Adult Content or Policy Violations The Second Life blogs and forums are for the entire community, and your posts to the blogs and forums must be appropriate for all audiences.  Your posts must also comply with the Second Life Terms of Service, the Xstreet SL Terms of Service, and the Second Life Community Standards.  The following are examples of posts or conduct that are not appropriate for all audiences or violate our policies: Including material (graphic or text) that is obscene,      pornographic, or adult in nature;Including profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, or threats      of violence;Disclosing others’ real-world identity or contact      information;Including the text of interpersonal communications, for      example, email, chat, or instant messages;Attempting to impersonate other Residents or Linden Lab      employees;Including copyrighted content without the permission of      the copyright owner; Using JavaScript or active code, making repetitive or      disruptive posts, or otherwise taking actions that interfere with site      operations; andEncouraging others to violate any policy of Linden Lab.No Off-Subject Posting Do not post discussions into blogs or forums that are clearly designed for other discussions.  The Second Life blogs and forums are specifically divided into separate channels and subject categories.  And, do not post on subjects that do not relate to Second Life. No Abusing the Moderation Process Honor the moderation process and the decisions made through that process.  The following are examples of posts or conduct that abuse the moderation process: Discussing or reposting posts that have been removed or      locked by the moderator;Posting about the moderator’s decisions, for example, a      post saying "Why did my post get removed?" or “Why didn’t you      remove this post?”Posting warning letters or letters about suspended or      banned Resident accounts;Discussing or posting reports of Resident violations;      andMisusing the “Report abuse” function to maliciously or      frivolously report content as not in compliance with Linden Lab policy.Please note:  If you feel that a moderator’s decision was made in error, you may inquire about the decision by submitting a ticket to Support.  Although we’re willing to work with you to try to resolve issues you may have, Linden Lab has the final say on moderation decisions.
×
×
  • Create New...