Stange glitter effects on outfits

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

Some of the outfits I have often disappear for 1/2 second to reappear again, like a strange effect of glitter. Sometime it's even longer and my avatar eventually is naked during this lapse of time. Is it a problem with my viewer, (Phoenix), or is it something I should talk about with the designer of the outfits ? I post here since I guess ut's problem reltated to textures.

Thank you

It sounds like your outfit is just doing its normal rezzing.  Rezzing of textures always proceeds in four steps, with each one a little more detailed than the previous one, so that you don't have to wait forever before seeing the completely rendered texture.  If your computer or Internet connection is particularly slow or wonky, it may take longer fror your graphics card to work its way through the four steps than usual, and the tetxure may blur or fade for a second between steps.  Try reducing your draw distance or using a direct cable connection instead of wifi and see if your rendering improves.

Which version of Phoenix are you using? If it's not the latest version (1.5.2.1050) I suggest updating to it. I know there were some issues with texture rezzing in some older versions and this could be what you're experiencing. Here's the site: Phoenix Viewer.

Hope this helps... Dres

ETA: Also, the Phoenix Viewer Support group is a good place to ask about things like this.

actually this sounds like the bake behavior.... the texture for a simgle item of clothing rezzes in, then disappears for a second and the whole av then goes blurry and rezzes.

if it's happening repetedly, that's a bug, trying to force HTTP textures to completely rezz, it happens in phoenix and a few other TPV's for some people.... turning HTTP textures off, clearing cache and restarting the viewer fixes it for most people.

if you are using Phoenix and have never messed with that setting (it's buried in the phonix pref tab) then you are running an older version (the newer version defaults to off), and you should probably update as there is a bug fix in the newer version for avatar physics wearables causing v2 avatars to appear ruthed.

• Like 1

I'm not sure glitter is the right word to describe it, although that may be down to the specifc outfit they were wearing...

what was happening is that some texture layers would fully rez and then refresh as if rezzing again. It mainly seems to happen with texture that had an alpha channel (even if no alpha was apparent), or had certain other settings like shiny or bumpmaps applied... it was noticeable on most linden trees as well.

it's cause was a patch that attempted to compensate for textures that weren't loading fully via HTTP Get, and only the users with the problem saw the effect. given the annoying side effects and that it's limited to users with the problem, it's probably not very useful for design, but you are welcome to try. Iknow both Phoenix and Cool VL had the code for it, although I believe Cool fixed the problem (I haven't checked recent versions that not a fix for it). to my knowledge it's still in the latest phoenix revision, if you enable HTTP GET Textures, and use high or ultra video settings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.