I continue to crash with my sl v2.6

Elena Ewing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all,

i bought 2 days ago a NEW laptop - asus x53s:

CPU:        Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (2095.27 MHz)
Memoria: 4008 MB
Versione sistema operativo: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit  (Build 7600)
Venditore scheda grafica: NVIDIA Corporation
Scheda grafica: GeForce GT 540M/PCI/SSE2

When i log-in SL my screen seem to load but i crash in 5 seconds with an error : "this region is having problems check yr internet connection", then i've to restart my connection and pc o.O.

I never had internet connection problems and if i try to log in with another viewer i can login without any problem..and if i try to log in with another pc i have no problems.

I also tried yet to install an older version and the problem is the same, but what's strange is that after 1 hour i try to log in i finally be able to stay online without crash :| , but if i log off and try again i crash o.O

It seem that smething make conflict with my laptop :| drivers are all updated..

Ty in advance

Hello Elena. At first try to log in another region without lag. Lime or Smith are protected lands which are recommended.

The second step is to clear your cache manually:

(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \Secondlife

hmmm... if the laptop is so new, just 2 days maybe sl is being blocked by the firewall of your router. So set your firewall to allow access for all your viewers.

If it's not a firewall, it could be a problem with your network gear, especially when your other internet connection work fine. So Power Down your moden / router for at least 5 mins and try to log in again.

Ty for yr answer!

i already tried to clear cache manually and SL was already in the firewall allow list ..

ATM i'm in world without problems... .oO i will try to log off in 30 mins and try again logging in to another region.. taht's very strange -.-

:(

I think I am having the same problems. My day started with an update of Adobe's Flashplayer, after which SL crashes on startup for me.

I run a Windows 7 64-bit system and use the standard V2. I have removed the recent updates to my NVidia GeForce GTX260M CUDA graphics card and turned off my antivirus to download a new driver set up. I've restarted several times, but SL is still crashing on startup (does not even post beyond 'Initializing Textures'). Any help or knowledgable advice would be greatly appreciated.

@Feyth, first try going to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ and installing the version for "other browsers". If that doesn`t fix the problem; try clearing your cache manually.

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife

(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife

(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder (copying the logs to another location first if you want to save those) and restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, change your start location on login to Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

The problem is solved ATM (i'm in world...) let's see when i'll log in again next time :|

I just installed updated graphic card drivers.. also if it had an issue i searched a solution on the web.. i installed manually ..

:|

Ty all for the answers!

@PeeWee, thanks for your attempt to help. I have hunted everywhere for the AppData folder, have updated my folder options to "Show hidden Files/Folders", and searched the Microsoft website. I feel like a dolt! I can not enable this function, and therefore seem incapable of clearing my cache. I have rolled back my computer to a couple days ago, before all the driver updates and SL is still crashing on startup for me, which tells me the problem is located in the cache. Further suggestions?

I've also deleted and reloaded SL several times amidst all this.

yes.. right.. i'm ok on phoenix, i crash after i log in after my avatar has loaded.. i see my av... but i'm stuck.. and then i crash...

i crash also with beta :| :| and kristens is very heavy for me :|

i'll try resetting my laptop.. i keep u informed!

There are 2 settings that are ON by default for all viewers and OFF by default on Phoenix and Firestorm.

Maybe you need them switched off, the 2nd one only usually needs to be off for people with some ATI graphics cards.

Developers Menu > HTTP Textures

Preferences > Graphics > Hardware > VBO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.